HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Tuesday, October 6, 2020

"PLEASE DON'T THROW MY LEAVES AWAY"

"PLEASE DON'T THROW MY LEAVES AWAY"

Your trees are begging you not to throw their leaves away.
Their roots are deep and bring up the minerals and good things in the earth for nourishment.
Those minerals go straight to the leaves.  In the fall as they flutter to the ground, they are putting those minerals and good things back into the soil to nourish the roots.
Those leaves are organic matter and as they decay, all is returned to the soil.
Healthy soil is what makes a healthy garden.
(Be organic~no chemicals, please)
Most of the leaves in my yard are soft and will decay pretty quickly.  I don't mind the look of the fallen leaves.  If they bother you, you can mow over them to break them up.  Then you can rake over them and they will settle to the ground and be a good mulch, then compost for the grass and your landscape.
If you think you have too many leaves for your grass, rake them into the flower beds and extra piles around your trees.  Or, you can share them with your neighbors.

FALLING LEAVES IS HOW THE EARTH REPLENISHES ITSELF.
PLEASE DON'T THROW THE LEAVES AWAY.
12-21-14

31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Carol, I always enjoy your pictures. Have fun at your party.

      Delete
  2. A good reminder to all of us that God doesn't create leaves just to vex us, but to bless us. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We either compost our leaves or we grind them up and spread them over our flower beds. Free mulch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. That's what we do. I even like seeing them on the door step/porch, much to my husband's dismay. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm with you about the leaves around the porch and steps.

      Delete
  5. Too many leaves for the lawn? Then MOW them!! That's what my hubby does...mows over them and over them until they're a fine mulch and seem to vanish into the lawn, feeding the trees as Nature intended. Glad more people are talking about saving their leaves naturally. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I heard about leaving the leaves in your garden and I gladly do that every year. What is left in the Spring gets raked out. It all makes sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific post and great reminder for us all! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This admonition fits perfectly with my lack of motivation to rake leaves! Thanks for making me feel better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never get rid of the leaves but I do rack them back off the lawn otherwise it tends to turn to moss

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the moss and molds are organic matter. As they decay, they return good things to the soil.

      Delete
  10. I have a large leaf maple so I need to rake the leaves up off some of the grass...but I don't throw them away...I have been enriching the soil in an area for over 20 years now. I also put my vegetable scraps here also, and the chickens love to scratch around for bugs. It's amazing what will grow there now;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must have very good soil. That's what I strive for, too.

      Delete
  11. Yes, the leaves make new, good soil :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have our taken off the lawn and added to the flower beds. Thanks for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such a good mulch for those flower beds. I do the same thing. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  13. It's all part and parcel of the great cycle of nature, well said!
    Many thanks for participating in Floral Friday Fotos and best wishes for Happy New Year 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't rake my leaves because I read bugs live in the leafmeal that birds like to eat. Plus, I have no lawn to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do rake most of my leaves and use them as mulch in flower beds.

      Delete