HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Monday, February 25, 2019

TREE ART ~ MY BEAUTIFUL TWISTED TRUNK REDBUD TREE

TREE ART ~ MY BEAUTIFUL TWISTED TRUNK REDBUD TREE


Tree Shaping
Pooktre Art is the growing and pruning of
trees to shape them into man made designs.
Source
It takes years of patient tending to shape
a tree into a living sculpture.


The birds are always planting redbud trees around my yard.  On two of them I twisted the branches from the time they were very small.  I love the way they look.


This picture is my red bud tree many years ago.  It is about 30 years old now and sadly it is slowly dying.
When it was a tiny tree,  about two or three feet tall and before my picket fence was built, there was a huge old ash tree growing in the middle of my yard.  It had to be cut down.  The tree trimming people piled a HUGE!!! pile of those limbs and tree trunk pieces right where this little redbud tree had started growing.  I didn't know if the tiny tree would survive, but when the city picked up allll of those limbs and trunk pieces my tiny tree was still there like it had never been at risk.
It still blooms in the spring.  When I'm driving down the street to my home, I can see it from a distance.  It has been so beautiful and welcoming.

This is a repost from April 27, 2013

2 comments:

  1. is that stick man tree for real? LOL how cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe it is real. I'm going to try something like that, when I have just the right size to start with. It is really cute!!

      Delete