HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

LAST VIEW OF MY GREEN, GREEN GARDEN BEFORE THE FREEZE

We had a very cold spell last week.  Today, it was really warm, in the 80's.  In two days it will be sooooo cold, again!!  I'm thinking this is the last view of my patio before everything freezes.


The last couple of days, I've seen beautiful little butter yellow butterflies everywhere.  I tried to get a picture of them, but they just won't stay still, flitting from flower to flower.  They were loving my blue plumbago and there are only a few flowers left because of the cold spell last week.  I do wonder what will happen to those little butterflies when it stays cold for several days.
In late fall, I let everything grow however and wherever it wants to grow.  I think the very last flowers, foliage and bugs will benefit birds, butterflies and nature in my garden a little longer.
I love my yard when it's so green and pretty.  But, when the first freeze comes, I'm almost relieved that everything is frozen for the winter and I don't have to bother with it for a few months.
Hoping your winter will be warm and cozy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hate the thought of all that going away. But just wait till spring when it all comes alive again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm always very happy when spring comes and always have big plans for my yard.

      Delete