HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Saturday, February 21, 2015

FIRST BLOOMS OF SPRING~BRIGHT YELLOW FORSYTHIA & REDBUD TREES

FIRST BLOOMS OF SPRING~BRIGHT YELLOW FORSYTHIA & REDBUD TREES

The weather has been so beautiful the past few days.
There are little yellow butterflies and some little ones that are a pumpkin orange flitting around, happy the weather is nice enough for them to come out of their winter hiding places.


But, tonight another cold front is coming in and right behind that one is a really cold front.  So, next week is going to be in the 30's and 40's.  Brrrrr!
Thank goodness, in south Texas the weather is constantly changing and we won't be cold for very long.  
The house where I'm working finally had real heat today, so I will be warm next week.  This house is way out in the country in a gated community and a really beautiful area.  There are lots of deer.  When I first get there in the morning, they're running and playing.  Right after noon they are resting in the shade.  I was thinking the ones resting are the mommies-to-be in a couple of months.  I'm sorry that I probably won't still be working out there, but would love to see the tiny fawns.


While driving around I am seeing the very first blooms of spring and those are bright yellow forsythias.  And, my redbud trees are blooming.  Honeybees just love the blooms and there were lots of them on my trees.  I have several redbud trees. 
Tomorrow is my day off.  Yay!!
Hoping my friends have a good week ahead and stay warm!!

4 comments:

  1. It looks like spring has arrived in your little part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, almost! We did have storms in the beginning of January and there is an old saying, "thunder in January, freeze in April". We'll see!

      Delete
  2. Yes! Spring is just about here in the Dallas area too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the radio, I listen to Howard Garrett the organic gardener in Dallas. He mentioned ya'll might have snow in the next few days. That cold front is going to cause very cold weather for us, but not snow. Stay warm!

      Delete