HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Thursday, May 21, 2015

MY FRIEND~MR. CARDINAL

MY FRIEND~MR. CARDINAL

Here's my friend, Mr. Cardinal. 
I've shown you pictures of him asking for sunflower seeds.  If he sees me in the yard, he will fly over to the tree by the garden shed and start click.click.clicking for my attention.  So, I get some seeds just for him.  Of course, they eat all day, but I've read that they feed in the very early morning and just before dark.  I always go out just before dark and put seeds in his feeder.  He and his mate are always waiting and he flies really close to me, just in case I forget why I've come outside carrying sunflower seeds.
Last night when I stepped out the door, he flew and landed about 20" from my face. 
 Oh, he is really beautiful up close.
  I'm glad he trusts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment