HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Thursday, September 15, 2022

TIME TO FERTILIZE OUR LANDSCAPES ~ PLEASE USE ORGANICS

TIME TO FERTILIZE OUR LANDSCAPES ~ PLEASE USE ORGANICS

It's time to fertilize and I'm hoping we will all think "organic". Medina granular "Growing Green" is my favorite. You can find it at a good nursery, Lowe's & other convenient places. I throw it on everything and extra around trees and shrubbery. About once a month, I throw it on all the blooming plants. I use gloves because it does have a bit of an odor, but that odor will go away after a couple of waterings. Please be careful using weed killers. Some will also kill trees and shrubbery. And, please consider your neighbors. Anything you use on your yard will probably spread to your neighbors, their landscapes and pets. A gardener friend told me that our lawn mower is the best weed preventer.  I have found that to be true. 
Mowing keeps weeds from going to seed. 
BE ORGANIC AND HELP PROTECT OUR EARTH!!!
(Original Post 4/25/22)

No comments:

Post a Comment