HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

BABY SQUIRREL, QUEEN'S CROWN & MIGRATING ROBIN VISITED MY GARDEN

BABY SQUIRREL, QUEEN'S CROWN & MIGRATING ROBIN VISITING MY GARDEN

This baby squirrel came to visit today.
A couple of weeks ago, a mama squirrel with swollen milk bumps on her tummy came to the bird feeder.  I figured she might have babies and there was lots of ceyenne pepper on the sunflower seeds.  I was hoping she wouldn't take it back to her babies and I think she realized the same thing because she didn't come back.  This baby didn't go to the feeder, it just kept playing with the tree.


Then, Pepper showed up on the roof about 4' from it and it didn't even know Pepper was dangererous.  I hit the window and it ran away.  Thank goodness Pepper isn't aggressive.


Isn't it beautiful how this queen's crown grows on my fence.  The honey bees just love it and were swarming all over it.  I love vines!


And, this afternoon there was a robin in my yard.  I didn't get a good picture of her.  I think it's a she because she wasn't terribly bright red.  But, no mistaking the white rings around her eyes.  She was foraging in one of my flower beds where there are LOTS of earthworms.  
These were the best pictures I could get today.  I'll try again tomorrow.
Earlier today I saw a little yellow migrating bird at the bird bath, too.  I've seen several of them for a couple of weeks. 
 I always think these migrating birds come in and move on with cold fronts.  I'll watch the weather and see if one is on the way.
I love seeing the migrating birds and so glad they stop by my garden for a spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment