HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Sunday, June 8, 2014

PINK PENTAS FLOWERS & NEWLY PLANTED VINE SEEDS COMING UP

These are pentas in my garden. 
 I have several different shades of pink and they're just sooo beautiful right now!! 
The black swallowtail butterflies just love them and
 I LOVE seeing the black butterflies on the pink flowers.


Here, the pentas will bloom until they freeze, maybe in December.  And, some of them will even come back in the same pot.


A couple of weeks ago, I planted lots of seeds.  I always plant a few more than I need because I'm never sure if they will all come up.  The extras I can give to my neighbors.  I planted three different vine seeds and a lot of seeds I got from my butterfly weed last summer.  I hope all of the butterfly weed plants come up and I will put them everywhere in my garden.  The monarch butterflies need them as they're passing through in the fall.
Already coming up is the purple hyacinth bean vine.  This morning I found another seed peeking out, but didn't look to see which one it was.  
~Butterflies are everywhere~
This is such a fun time of year!!

4 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with pentas - I like them and must check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come in pinks, red and white and are just wonderful for the butterflies and other garden insects. When I was taking the picture, there were two tiny bees on the flowers.

      Delete
  2. I should probably get some butterfly weed.

    ReplyDelete