HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Saturday, January 4, 2014

BUTTERFLIES IN MY WINTER BROWN GARDEN

There are butterflies in my yard!!
It's in the 60's and a little windy, but I've seen three yellow ones.  One bright yellow and medium size, a very small medium yellow and another medium size medium yellow.
I've heard that they hide in cracks of trees, houses and any place they can squeeze into, to be safe from the cold.  I feel badly that there is no nectar in my yard.  The organic gardener on the radio said butterflies love snapdragons, so I'm going to get some next week.
It's nice seeing them in my winter brown garden.
And, why is it so chilly when it's 68 degrees in the winter??  In the summer, I would be in shorts and sleeveless and loving 68.
Hoping you are warm, wherever you are!

2 comments:

  1. 68 degrees!! I think it is in the 20's here! I am longing for 60's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was 71 today. Early morning tomorrow, that arctic front will be here and we'll be cold like you. But, it'll be close to 70 again near the end of the week.

      Delete