HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Sunday, January 5, 2014

STRANGE NOISE IN MY ATTIC, BUT IT WAS ONLY PUNKIN, THANK GOODNESS!!

This morning I was sitting at my computer and heard something in the attic.  It was right over me at the a/c vent.  I could tell it was big because of the movement.  I panicked and froze!! and kept listening.  Twice, Charlie jerked his head upward because he heard the noise, too.  I was sitting there wondering if it was a raccoon and who would I call to help.  I have a have-a-heart trap and could use that.
I went outside and looked all around my house and my roof was secure and no openings.
So, I went into the garage looked at the loft area where the a/c unit is kept.  I have mesh wire as a barrier to keep the cats out of the attic and noticed that it was not put back properly when the guys did maintenance on the unit for the winter.
So, I got my ladder and was working on it and calling Punkin because I was pretty sure it was her.  Sure nuf, here she came and I was able to get her down.
It was such a relief, knowing it was her and not a raccoon that would tear up my wiring, etc.
Thank you!  Thank you!!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! I was soooo stressed until I figureed it out. It was really spooky, too, because it was right above me, like someone was staring at me. Now that I know it was Punkin, I understand that she was trying to be near me. Glad it's over!!

      Delete
  2. One time our cat got in a heating vent and we kept hearing meowing sounds coming out one of our lights!

    ReplyDelete