HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Saturday, December 13, 2014

KITTY CAT BEDS FROM FALLING LEAVES

KITTY CAT BEDS FROM FALLING LEAVES

The cats love when the leaves start falling.
These are crepe myrtle leaves and they're so soft.  I keep big flower pots around and don't put flowers in most of them.  The cats love to curl up and sleep in them.  So, when the leaves start falling, I keep piling newly fallen leaves in the flower pot beds.  


Right here you can see how much Elijah loves his soft leaf bed.
He's kind of fragile, so I love how the little angel is always watching over him.


I rake the soft crepe myrtle leaves up close to the house.
This is the neighbor cat who is here most of the time.  (Next door is not a good home for our animal friends.)  If you look closely, there's another cat nest next to the kitty cat.
I have a huge montezuma cypress tree and when those fronds finally start falling, the cats think they're in heaven!  They are so soft and I pile them really high.


It has been in the 30's a couple of times, but  not cold enough to freeze anything in my garden.  That is a pink trumpet vine that I have growing on a 6' chicken wire fence.  It loves the cooler weather and has the most beautiful pink blooms until it freezes.

No comments:

Post a Comment