HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

THE OWLS ARE BACK & THINGS, THEY ARE A'CHANGING & TEXAS COWBOYS ROUNDING UP THEIR HORSES IN FLOOD WATERS

THE OWLS ARE BACK & THINGS, THEY ARE A'CHANGING & TEXAS COWBOYS ROUNDING UP THEIR HORSES IN FLOOD WATERS 

The owls are back.  
They were hoo hooing back and forth early this morning when I woke up.  I love hearing them.  They've been away for 6 weeks or so, and I think it's because doves and grackles were nesting in their favorite trees.  That was very respectful of them.
My birthday is later this month.  I believe when you're approaching a birthday you start evolving and changing in some way.  I  surely can see that right now.  I keep feeling that I want white walls and I want to take everything off of flat surfaces so I can have a clean and less cluttered environment.  My kitchen cabinets have about a 13" space above them.  I have beautiful dishes and other things that look really nice and I still love the look.  But, I am about to decide that I want to take all of that wonderful Fitz & Floyd and other dishes down.  I want to put a 13" wood front with crown molding and paint it white/off white like the rest of my cabinets.  I'm about to decide to clean all of that stuff and just put it away in a cabinet in case I want to see it again, someday.  As soon as I'm finished with the work that is lined up right now, I'm pretty sure I'm doing the cabinet thing.  I still love my yellow walls, so not quite ready to change that.
Have you felt this before?  Like you need, need, need a change!
Areas in Texas have flooding conditions from all of the abundant rains.  Tonight on the news I saw a father and sons rounding up 31 of their horses that were being swept away.  It was so interesing to watch and they saved everyone of their horses.  
Here's the video of the Texas cowboys, big and small, rounding up their horses.
Love those Texas cowboys!! big and small!
(For a bigger view, click on Youtube in the bottom right corner of the video.)
"Published on May 11, 2015
Cross B Rodeo Company and Boys Ranch started Mother's Day, May 10th, 2015 searching for 31 missing ponies and horses after a flash flood in Eastland Texas. Bailey (14), Jade (12), and Trace Barrett (8), helped their dad (Will Barrett) by riding hours through the flooded ranch searching for the ponies and horses. Eventually, they gathered, roped and rescued all 31 head from the raging flood waters. The horses and ponies were herded back across the strong flowing flooded river and then herded across the flooded ranch and into a set of livestock pens on high ground. By the time the cowboys had located and gathered all of them some of the smaller ponies had been washed down River over the tops of the flooded fences. Thankfully, with the use of their saddle horses, ropes and even their mom (Pepper Barrett) and their 6 year old little sister Pixie, all horses and ponies were successfully rescued."

2 comments:

  1. In September, we had 3 of our rooms painted white and I hope to finish painting the rest of the rooms white. I am paring down my vignettes. I am also starting to gift some of the things that sit high in my cupboards and never get used. I would rather see friends using them.

    Change is good and so is simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, change is good. I bet you're loving your white walls.

      Delete