HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Sunday, December 20, 2015

BEAUTIFUL LITTLE LESSER GOLDFINCHES AT MY THISTLE FEEDERS

BEAUTIFUL LITTLE LESSER GOLDFINCHES AT MY THISTLE FEEDERS

Video of lesser goldfinches at my feeders


(for a larger view, click on "youtube" in lower right corner)

These wonderful little yellow birds are lesser goldfinches. 
They are native to this area, but I only have a few in the summertime.  I believe most of the ones at my feeders right now have migrated from somewhere up north and they'll stay here until spring. 
 The ones that are native always bring their babies back in the spring to show them a food source.  Those babies are really noisy, begging for food.
I have four feeders out right now.  When I look out of my kitchen window, I see a sea of gold and black.  You can see the black backed and the others are called green backed lesser goldfinches.  They're so tiny.
Up in the trees, they are always singing their sweet little songs.
It's such a joy to have them at my thistle feeders.

No comments:

Post a Comment