HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Friday, September 2, 2016

SEEING MY FIRST MIGRATING BALTIMORE ORIOLE THIS YEAR

SEEING MY FIRST MIGRATING BALTIMORE ORIOLE THIS YEAR

I'm so excited!!!
This is the time of year the migrating birds start passing through on their way south.  I've been watching my bird bath for the first migrating BALTIMORE ORIOLE and here it is!
 It might be a juvenile male because of the color.  It's probably a "scout".
 In a couple of days I'm hoping to have lots more BALTIMORE ORIOLES at my bird bath.

Early yesterday morning, I saw some kind of THRUSH in the very back of my yard.
A little later, I saw two more.  For the last couple of weeks, I've heard new sounds in the trees.
I love this time of year.
After the middle of August, I'm always listening for new sounds and watching for unusual movements in the bushes and trees.  I'm so used to watching the birds all summer, I really can tell when things are different.  For the next several days, I'll be "glued" to my windows.
When I'm rushing to take pictures, some are better than others.  I have to be really fast because the birds don't usually hang around.  They keep moving back up to the trees.
Hope you are watching and enjoying your birds and nature, too.

2 comments:

  1. I've had a family of Baltimore Oriole's here all summer and I am hoping that they leave and go South. They drink all the humming bird food and I go through about 6 lbs of sugar a week. I have another 20 hummers here. The Baltimore Oriole male is beautiful but the ladies are not so pretty.

    I love watching the birds and feed them all.

    Have a great Labor Day Weekend Lynda

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I'm guessing you live somewhere up east. I always really love this time of year and see so many of the migrating birds in my yard. Most of them I just see and can't get a photo. I always see them coming through just ahead of cold fronts. You have a peaceful weekend, too. I get to take 5 days off...yay!

      Delete