HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Saturday, May 24, 2014

NEIGHBOR DOGGIES CAME AVISITIN'

Charlie and I were working in the backyard and the sweet, sweet neighbor dogs came down the easement to visit, again.


Not sure how they get out of their yard, but they always end up in my easement.
THEY WANTED IN!!
But, I knew they needed to go back home.  I gave them some water and they played with Charlie through the fence.
One of these days, I'm going to build new gates without these openings.  Possums, skunks and raccoons were coming in, so I put all of that chicken wire in the openings.
I love using chicken wire because you can't see it across the yard and from the house. 
When I know birds are nesting in a certain area, I put chicken wire around the tree trunk or wherever I know there's a nest.  I try to discourage the cats and it usually does keep them away from the nests.
The doggies' family came to get them, so they're gone for now.

2 comments:

  1. I don't blame the doggie for wanting to visit through that heart shaped gate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many, many years ago, I saw a heart gate in Victoria magazine. I saved that picture for many years and finally built me one. It's unique, but not good if you're trying to keep things in or out of the yard. I guess I could put one sheet of chicken wire over the big opening and maybe Ill do that some day. It's on my long list of things to do :)

      Delete