HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Saturday, May 3, 2014

PERSISTENT MR. CARDINAL ASKING FOR FOOD FOR HIS BABIES IN THE NEST

Isn't he beautiful!


This cardinal has a nest nearby and has babies to feed.
I saw him feeding one of the babies in the honeysuckle on my fence.


Every time I walk out the back door he's suddenly right there, only a few feet away from my head, chirping and chirping at me to give him sunflower seeds.  He's so persistent and demanding!  He knows he can count on me.  I'm very glad to feed him and love that he is communicating with me.
I went into the garden shed to get some sunflower seeds and he perched right there on that scrollie hook and was looking at me and chirping.
The weather has been just wonderful.  Wonderfully cool in the mornings and 80's during the day. 
 I think that's perfect weather for baby birds in the nest.  

4 comments:

  1. I love that he tells you when he wants food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! He's always been that way, but REALLY aggressive right now. I kept waiting for him to land on my head or shoulder.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They're so beautiful. If you have trees and bushes, you should have them. Cardinals, usually, nest in bushy shrubbery.

      Delete