HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Thursday, June 27, 2013

LUCKY ME!! BEAUTIFUL CREPE MYRTLE TREES ARE FRAMING MY HOUSE WITH THEIR COLOR

             Because of all of the rain recently, these crepe myrtles are in full bloom over my garage.
                                                 It is amazing!! to drive up to my house.


These crepe myrtles are about 16' high.  I love these trees and I have several around my yard.  Many of them are 25' high and in full bloom, too.  I wonder what it looks like from the sky, to look down on my yard.
About 23 years ago, Sea World finally opened here.  A couple of years later, their head guy (don't know what they called him) was transferred and the relocation company asked me to go by and give them a paint bid on his house.  Out in the yard, there were five tiny crepe myrtles in buckets, ready to be planted in the ground.  I asked the company if I could have them and they said "yes, please!".  They were just trying to clean up the really beautiful property and get it ready for resale.
So, I planted them in my yard and they are the really tall ones.  The 25' tall ones.
In my yard, I have these melon colored ones, three white ones and several lavender ones.
They provide soooo much shade and are just the right size for my house.
Depending on how much rain we get this summer, they will bloom all the way into October.
Lucky me!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man you are lucky my dear,well they were meant to live in your yard and be loved by you, I love the shade so it would be right up my alley. I would be wonderful to see it from the air, I wonder if you could use google earth for a view. Have a fabulous Fourth of July, we are celebrating Canada day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canada day! Was a great idea to use Google Earth, but they only showed the front of my house in the winter time.

    ReplyDelete