HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Sunday, April 21, 2013

BABY LESSER GOLDFINCHES AT MY FEEDERS RIGHT NOW

     There are lots of baby lesser goldfinches on my feeders right now. They are still in camouflage, not fully colored out and every once in a while, one will flutter it's wings like it wants to be fed. I'm guessing their parent is nearby. I love that the parents bring them back to show them a dependable source of food and clean water.
     And, they spend a lot of time in the back of my yard, where they have trees, bushes and shrubbery. I purposely leave that area thick with greenery that provides berries, seeds and lots of bugs for them.
     I've been trying to take photos, but they are flitting around.  I'll keep trying.



Well, this is the best photo I could get, so far.  The new leaves on the trees are shadowing and the babies are still in camouflage.  I'll keep trying to get better photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment