HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Friday, April 26, 2013

PAINTED BUNTING & OTHER MIGRATING BIRDS IN MY YARD

April 24, 2013

     Look who's in my yard right now, sitting on the bird bath!!!  A Painted Bunting and he's soooo beautiful with the colors you see and lime green on his back.  I'm sure his emerald green mate is here, too, just haven't seen her, yet.  I'll keep trying to get better photos.  I think it's the one who's been here before, because he moves around and acts like he knows his way around my yard.  I'm SO thrilled !!



April 26, 2013

     The past few days, I've seen so many migrating single birds.  In the spring I usually don't see any, but I think the cold fronts and unusual weather are pushing them back here.  Usually, they're in a hurry to get back home for nesting.  The last of my american goldfinches left about two weeks ago, but yesterday,  there was a lone male in my yard and I saw a flycatcher.  There were a couple of birds I didn't recognize, but they are all very welcome in my yard!!

2 comments:

  1. oh how much I love those buntings, I saw one at my feeder one time and almost fainted lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. When I see them, it takes my breath away and can't believe they're in my yard. I feel the very same way when the baltimore orioles and other mirgrating birds get here.

    ReplyDelete