HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Saturday, May 11, 2013

BEAUTIFUL MIGRATING ORCHARD ORIOLE VISITING MY YARD, TODAY

     Today, as I was looking out of my kitchen window, I saw the limbs of my orange esperanza moving and I watched very closely.  I knew it was a bird and by the way the limbs were moving, I could tell it wasn't a small bird.  Then, I saw him!!  An orchard oriole was visiting my yard, again.

                               
                                                               (allaboutbirds.org)

     When birds are migrating during the fall, I always see lots of them in my yard, just in front of cold fronts.  I always wonder if the wind is moving them, or if the atmosphere is pushing them along.
     In the spring, I rarely see migrating birds, but this spring I've seen quite a few.  Maybe, because of the late cold fronts and the unusual weather we've been having.  Whatever the reason, I've loved seeing them in my yard, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment