HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A BOUQUET OF FLOWERS FOR YOU ~ CLEANING MY STUDIO WINDOWS & CATS ON MY LADDERS

A BOUQUET OF FRESH FLOWERS FOR MY FRIENDS
CLEANING MY STUDIO WINDOWS & CATS ON MY LADDERS

Today, I want to share a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers with my friends.


Don't you just love these colors together?
Purple is eupatorium ~ Monarchs and other butterflies love these~
Blue plumbago ~ One of my very favorites.  
Pink/coral is queen's crown or coral vine or antigonon
~Queen's crown is a wonderful vine and you see it especially in the older parts of town (here) growing up telephone poles and almost wild.  It grows like that in my garden, too.  The honey bees love it~


Yesterday, I was washing my studio windows and I turned around and Punkin was on my ladder.  Get down, please!  Finally, she got down to play with Charlie.


Cats love my ladders.
I was painting an "antique silver" special finish on this wall in my client's bedroom and Nikki got on my ladder.  He wouldn't come down and I had to ask his mom to come get him for me. 
He was very friendly.


Right now the queen's crown is amazing with big clusters of flowers all over.  I think they bloom mostly in the fall, but the one I chose to plant 25 years ago blooms from early spring until it freezes.


I wanted to sneak this in.
Recently, I was working for a client who is in the medical field and we were talking about medical care.  She said it's so hard to get payment from the government and showed me this check.  They ACTUALLY sent her office a check for $0.02.  See, under "amount".  I could not believe it!!
BOOM!!! 
 There goes another tree falling for paper wasters.

I just went out to feed the birds and put fresh water in the bird baths and there were about 10 monarch butterflies fluttering around my butterfly weed and eupatorium.  They're both in the same bed.  I guess the monarchs stopped on their way down to Mexico for the winter.  If you haven't read about their journey, google or you-tube it.  It's fascinating.
Have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. We used to have a kitty cat that loved to climb ladders. One time my husband was working on the roof, he looked over and there was Toonces right beside him!

    ReplyDelete