HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Saturday, October 25, 2014

LOTS OF BUTTERFLIES IN MY GARDEN TODAY

LOTS OF BUTTERFLIES IN MY GARDEN TODAY


Today, there were so many butterflies in my yard.  Most of the monarchs have moved on and I have 6 or 7 left.  I always have black swallowtail butterflies until winter.  Lately, some of them have a beautiful vibrant purple next to the blue on their wings.  Lowe's is a few blocks away and I wonder if they came in with their shipment of pansies and other winter flowers.  When I was feeding the fish, I also noticed a small white butterfly, a medium butter yellow one and a medium butter colored one with black along the tips of it's wings.  I really think it's possible that these could have come in with Lowe's shipment if they didn't spray insecticide all over the flowers.
Anyway, I'm loving all the colorful fluttering wings in my flower beds.
Oh!  I always say the migrating birds come in front of the cold fronts and it just occured to me, maybe the butterflies do, too. 
 Didn't think about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment