HomeMy GardenFeathered VisitorsGood Info

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

MY FIRST DIY E-BOOK PAINTING WITH A GEL STAIN

MY FIRST DIY E-BOOK PAINTING WITH A GEL STAIN

Recently, I completed my first instructional e-book.  It was hard working with Word and pictures for the first time, but finally figured it out.
A client got a new front door and it had a white primer on it.  She wanted a dark stained wooden front door but the one she wanted was really expensive.  A friend told her that it was easy to stain the white one with a gel stain and make it look similar to the one she liked.
Since she's not really a painter, it was a challenge for her and didn't turn out the way she thought it would and gave up! So, she brought it to me.
I work with gel stains a lot and decided to compose an e-book to show how I work with gel stains because they're a little tricky to work with.  This 13 page e-book shows you step by step how I use my brush strokes to simulate wood grain.
If you are wanting to change any door, cabinet or piece of furniture and would like to see my technique, here is a link to purchase my very first e-book in PDF form.


If you're interested in my e-book, but would rather have a
"PRINT COPY"
that is available for purchase, also.


It takes time, but I really loved creating this e-book and want to do lots more.  I have a third blog called


and I'm thinking I will use it for e-books and tutorials.  Soon, I'll try to figure out how to create drop down menus.  But, that's ANOTHER challenge!!
I will be working on it though because I love showing my friends the different techniques I've used in the beautiful homes where I've had the privilege to work.
Thank you!
Thank you for your interest!

2 comments: